You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchase and Activation

I moved to Europe recently and I wanted to know if an iPhone(recent) will work here if a friend purchased it(unlocked) for me from the apple store(US) and shipped it without activation.

I was told you cannot purchase it without it being activated or if you bought it, they'd notify your service provider and have them charge you.

So is there any way I could get it in the US without activation and get it shipped over and do the activation in Europe?

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 2:12 AM

3 replies

Sep 9, 2022 9:41 AM in response to klintbond

Nobody here knows that yet. My advice is still buy it in Europe. In most countries the price paid is only $20 more after taxes. If you buy it without taxes as an export and don't pay the import duty by not declaring it then it is breaking the law.

An illegal phone import without Apple cover or service you must really need that price reduction.

Purchase and Activation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.