You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud contacts

I am trying to restore a contact on my iphone that I accidently deleted. In icloud, there are no contacts archived. Does anyone know what has happened to my contact archive?

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 7:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 1:19 PM

snaggletoothpa wrote:

Thank you Phil. I see no deleted folder there. Do you have any idea why my contracts are not in Icloud? I have the toggle on in my iphone to backup my contacts. Also, looking under my contacts in my icloud account, the backup is years out of date. Thanks for you help Phil.

It's possible to store contacts in a different email account than iCloud.

Also, make sure the iCloud account you are logging in with at iCloud.com is the same one you are using on the iPhone.

The backup being out of date, normally means either the account is not being used currently, the iPhone is not set to back up, or there is not enough space to backup and as such the backup does not get updated.

Check the email account used for iCloud on the iPhone in Settings->Account(top of settings).

You can verify its seton backup in Settings->Account->iCloud->Backups

And you can check the amount of iCloud storage available in Settings->Account->iCloud.

The size of the backup is in Settings->Account->iCloud->Manage Storage->Backups->Your iPhone Name->Next Backup Size

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 8, 2022 1:19 PM in response to snaggletoothpa

snaggletoothpa wrote:

Thank you Phil. I see no deleted folder there. Do you have any idea why my contracts are not in Icloud? I have the toggle on in my iphone to backup my contacts. Also, looking under my contacts in my icloud account, the backup is years out of date. Thanks for you help Phil.

It's possible to store contacts in a different email account than iCloud.

Also, make sure the iCloud account you are logging in with at iCloud.com is the same one you are using on the iPhone.

The backup being out of date, normally means either the account is not being used currently, the iPhone is not set to back up, or there is not enough space to backup and as such the backup does not get updated.

Check the email account used for iCloud on the iPhone in Settings->Account(top of settings).

You can verify its seton backup in Settings->Account->iCloud->Backups

And you can check the amount of iCloud storage available in Settings->Account->iCloud.

The size of the backup is in Settings->Account->iCloud->Manage Storage->Backups->Your iPhone Name->Next Backup Size

icloud contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.