You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t get my phone to list a new printer I have. My other iPhone recognizes it no problem.

My iphone8 recognizes two existing printers for email printing. I installed a new Epson Et-3850 and it does not show on the list.

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 8:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 12:06 PM

Hi,

The Epson ET-3850 is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a printer supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. An AirPrint-enabled model is compatible with an IPhone without the need for additional apps. The printer(s) and the iPhone must be connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Check the ET-3850 printer settings. See, for example, page 30 and page 69 in the user's guide provided by SravanKrA.

If there is a problem with AirPrint discovery for one or more devices, you could try the following full procedure (in this order):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, all printers, the iPhone, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on all printers. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhone. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 9, 2022 12:06 PM in response to Tocelp

Hi,

The Epson ET-3850 is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a printer supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. An AirPrint-enabled model is compatible with an IPhone without the need for additional apps. The printer(s) and the iPhone must be connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Check the ET-3850 printer settings. See, for example, page 30 and page 69 in the user's guide provided by SravanKrA.

If there is a problem with AirPrint discovery for one or more devices, you could try the following full procedure (in this order):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, all printers, the iPhone, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on all printers. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhone. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

I can’t get my phone to list a new printer I have. My other iPhone recognizes it no problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.