You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TRACKPAD ISSUE

My trackpad suddenly freeze out of nowhere. The first aid I did was turn off my laptop. I thought it’s fixed already but it came back after just a few minutes. When my mac is turned off, I can softly touch the trackpad but when it’s turned on, there are times that it’s having its issues. Also, there is no update available. What should I do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 2:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 3:59 PM

Try using a wired USB mouse to see if that works or if it has the same issue. If it works, then the laptop has a hardware issue that will need to be repaired.

If a USB mouse does not work, then you likely have some third party software installed which is causing a problem, or perhaps some external device is causing the problem. Try booting into Safe Mode which prevents third party software from automatically launching during boot & login. To look for possible software issues run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 9, 2022 3:59 PM in response to khamille98

Try using a wired USB mouse to see if that works or if it has the same issue. If it works, then the laptop has a hardware issue that will need to be repaired.

If a USB mouse does not work, then you likely have some third party software installed which is causing a problem, or perhaps some external device is causing the problem. Try booting into Safe Mode which prevents third party software from automatically launching during boot & login. To look for possible software issues run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

TRACKPAD ISSUE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.