You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can you set up an out of office text to automatically respond to all incoming text messages

How can you set up an out of office text to automatically respond to all incoming text messages? I’m going away and although I can change my voicemail message I’d like to respond to incoming texts to let ppl know I’m away and won’t see their message

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 9:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 10:25 AM

I can change my voicemail message I’d like to respond to incoming texts to let ppl know I’m away and won’t see their message

When you call your voicemail box xxxx, listen to the main menu/options.

An example how it works with my carrier:

Call xxxx and press 11 for the main menu. Choose 2 for the personal settings of your voicemail. Choose 3 for PIN code and choose a 4 digit code. You can also change your pin code here and indicate when your voicemail should ask for the pin code.

There is also an option to save your Personal Greeting.

The voicemail settings are controlled by the carrier, so contact your carrier.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 9, 2022 10:25 AM in response to chenson0110

I can change my voicemail message I’d like to respond to incoming texts to let ppl know I’m away and won’t see their message

When you call your voicemail box xxxx, listen to the main menu/options.

An example how it works with my carrier:

Call xxxx and press 11 for the main menu. Choose 2 for the personal settings of your voicemail. Choose 3 for PIN code and choose a 4 digit code. You can also change your pin code here and indicate when your voicemail should ask for the pin code.

There is also an option to save your Personal Greeting.

The voicemail settings are controlled by the carrier, so contact your carrier.

How can you set up an out of office text to automatically respond to all incoming text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.