You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios16 stuck on completing upgrade

My iPhone 11 Pro Max won't finish completing installation of ios16. It's been stuck on the Apple logo for 3 days and the bar won't reach the end. I've already used force restart and connected it to my Mac but it's unrecognizable. What can I do?

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 6:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 7:08 PM

westeros98 Said:

"ios16 stuck on completing upgrade: My iPhone 11 Pro Max won't finish completing installation of ios16. It's been stuck on the Apple logo for 3 days and the bar won't reach the end. I've already used force restart and connected it to my Mac but it's unrecognizable. What can I do?"

-------

Use a Computer: Power it off, and update it through a computer.

Updating your iPhone:

Update Using a Computer: Power off your iPhone, and then perform this through a computer...

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 14, 2022 7:08 PM in response to westeros98

westeros98 Said:

"ios16 stuck on completing upgrade: My iPhone 11 Pro Max won't finish completing installation of ios16. It's been stuck on the Apple logo for 3 days and the bar won't reach the end. I've already used force restart and connected it to my Mac but it's unrecognizable. What can I do?"

-------

Use a Computer: Power it off, and update it through a computer.

Updating your iPhone:

Update Using a Computer: Power off your iPhone, and then perform this through a computer...

Sep 16, 2022 7:38 PM in response to kjk Virginia

westeros98 Said:

"ios16 stuck on completing upgrade: This option does not work if you want to install ios16 because it says your iphone software is up to date ios 15.7 thus does not update to ios16! I am tired of waiting forever and having to delete ios16 from storage and start all over again and repeadtedly freeze and never finish updating. What is the solution?"

-------

Uninstall Beta Software:

If this will not allow for iOS 16, then do you have any beta software installed? If so, uninstall it. Once uninstalled, see if it then works.: How to Uninstall iOS or iPadOS Beta Software - Apple Support

ios16 stuck on completing upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.