You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to redeem 1 movie rental

I have a movie rental on my Apple account that I can only see on my MacBook Pro in the Music app. I see this movie rental nowhere else, not in the App Store app (on laptop nor iPhone) or my Apple TV. How do I redeem when I can’t rent a movie through the Music App on my laptop?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 8:33 PM

1 reply

Sep 21, 2022 8:58 AM in response to littlefajta911

Greetings littlefajta911,

It sounds as though you rented a movie on your Mac and wanting to watch the rental. If so, you can find the rental on your Mac using the steps listed below. These steps are specific to finding rentals in macOS and can be found in the follow article. The article also lists steps for locating rentals on other devices as well.

1. "Open the Apple TV app.
  2. Go to the Library tab.
  3. In the sidebar, click Rentals. If you can't find Rentals, either your rental expired or wasn't rented with the Apple ID that you used to sign in.
  4. Hold the pointer over your movie rental, then you can:
  • Stream your rental: Click the Play button 
  • Download your rental: Click the Download button ."

Rent movies from the Apple TV app

If you unable to locate the rental using those steps or need additional help, there's additional resources listed in the "Still need help?" section of that article.

Have a wonderful day!

How to redeem 1 movie rental

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.