You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 Pro Max Light Flares

Is anyone else having issues with light flares from bright lights in their pictures? At first I thought my lens was dirty, but I’ve cleaned and wiped it repeatedly and they are still there.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 9:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 2:13 PM

Due to the high quality of the lens and how polished they are refraction and lens flare happens. It is normal and not fixable since it is not broken. To avoid worsening the affect take photos with your back to bright lights.

2 replies

Sep 18, 2022 2:22 PM in response to Ferndawg_G

Completely normal. As askbarnabas suggests, the better the cameras, the easier it is to capture lens flare. Cameras which cost into the many thousands capture lens flare.

You can avoid lens flare however, by seeing it in the screen before you take the photo (it was plainly visible before you took the photo) and angle the phone relative to the bright lights and you'll see the flare move or be eliminated altogether if you angle the camera's perfectly. The suggestion to take photos with lights behind you will also help.

But this is completely normal and does not indicate any issue with your new iPhone.

PS: Your photo posted the wrong orientation on this forum because you took the photo in Portrait orientation. The photo would have posted the right orientation if you learn to take photos with the phone in landscape orientation (the photo shutter on the right hand side of the iPhone). The only time it is best to take a photo in portrait orientation is when taking a Portrait photo using the portrait setting on your iPhone.

iPhone 14 Pro Max Light Flares

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.