You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X 10.7.4 Sound Library Glitching

Hey guys! So I noticed this ever since Logic Pro updated to the latest version.

As I’m playing and working on a song all of a sudden the sounds from the midi instruments like Alchemy, Drum Designer and standard Logic Library instruments will glitch out and change sound completely. Like as if I select a different instrument or put weird effects on it.

I go back into the instrument select a different one and then re select back the one I want and then works for a little again but then just repeats. This is becoming soo frustrating. Tried relocating library, buffer size, etc, etc but nothing is working. Plug-ins and everything else is fine just Logic Pro Sound Library’s…

Next step I was thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling to see if it was and glitch in the update or something. I would love to just go back to Logic Pro 10.7.2 or something like that because I never had a problem with anything before.

Im running a MacBook Pro 2017 12.5.1

I can’t find any information anywhere on this and haven’t heard of anyone else having this problem. Please any suggestions or help would be amazing

Cheerz

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 4:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 2:30 PM

If using Logic is important to you, never update automatically, turn it off! Never update anything (including MacOS) without checking the Logic user boards, others have reported similar behavior.

First go here and report the problem to Apple.

Feedback - Logic Pro – Apple

Second, do a reset of Preferences and Control surfaces. (if you'[re using a custom control surface, save it first)

Before resetting Preferences take note of what changes you've made.

Go to the upper left Logic Pro menu, then.... Preferences/Reset All Preferences Except Key Commands.

Same Menu go to Control Surfaces/Rebuild Defaults.

Quit Logic, restart the computer, try again.

Note: It's also possible the Logic update is having a problem with one or more of your third party plugins.

A CPU spike/overload can do strange things, keep an eye on the CPU meter.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 25, 2022 2:30 PM in response to YoZeBoy

If using Logic is important to you, never update automatically, turn it off! Never update anything (including MacOS) without checking the Logic user boards, others have reported similar behavior.

First go here and report the problem to Apple.

Feedback - Logic Pro – Apple

Second, do a reset of Preferences and Control surfaces. (if you'[re using a custom control surface, save it first)

Before resetting Preferences take note of what changes you've made.

Go to the upper left Logic Pro menu, then.... Preferences/Reset All Preferences Except Key Commands.

Same Menu go to Control Surfaces/Rebuild Defaults.

Quit Logic, restart the computer, try again.

Note: It's also possible the Logic update is having a problem with one or more of your third party plugins.

A CPU spike/overload can do strange things, keep an eye on the CPU meter.

Sep 25, 2022 7:23 AM in response to YoZeBoy

So I still haven't solved this yet. I have uninstalled and deleted all sounds and Logic Pro itself, re installed everything and had the problem straight away again. I can't even work on my projects anymore because its getting that bad. Im wondering if its possibly my interface so will try different things with that. Does anyone know where else I can go for support?

Sep 25, 2022 7:25 PM in response to Pancenter

Thanks heaps for replying, yes I was annoyed when I sure Logic Pro on automatic updates. The program run seamlessly before that and absolutely loved it. I’ve been trying a whole bunch of things with all that you have said but nothing is helping. Because it glitches out only with the stock sounds makes me think that it is just to do with the updates?? I just wish there were ways to go back to older versions. If there is please reach out

Logic Pro X 10.7.4 Sound Library Glitching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.