You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missed calls showing multiple contacts

I’m having a problem with IOS16. Ever since I updated, my Missed Calls are showing multiple contacts (one is correct but the rest are random and wrong). Example: I miss a call from person A and it shows a missed call from person A, person B, and sometimes C. It comes up at “Contact A & Contact B.” The random contacts (B and C) are not the same each time, though they appear to come from my favorites OR other recent calls. I had this problem on my original phone when updated to IOS 16 and it’s continued on my iPhone 14 Pro. Any suggestions to fix? My contacts are from my Exchange account and not iCloud.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 5:01 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Sep 26, 2022 7:29 AM in response to AEGNJ

Apple Support came to the rescue. Here's what they had me do on iOS 16.0.2:

1) Go to Settings

2) Turn off Share Focus Status

3) Clear call log

4) Turn back on Share Focus Status

I have no idea why the Share Focus Status setting would interfere with my call log, but this worked like a charm. Hope it helps others.

Sep 22, 2022 1:18 PM in response to Nicholas_B2

My contacts are working fine in the Contacts app and are all in Exchange (which is my default). It’s just that my recent calls list is showing each call has “tag along” unrelated contacts who weren’t on the call. It is not a situation where I have more than one contact card for a contact. It is just pulling random contacts and making it look as though one on one calls are conference calls. Same with missed calls. Any ideas??

Missed calls showing multiple contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.