You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to send a group text individually

If i am sending a group invitation via text to 50 - 75 people - and I don’t know if they all have iphone ( probably not), how do i make sure they all get the message and they all don’t see all the other people who also got the same invite?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 5:55 PM

1 reply

Sep 23, 2022 4:12 PM in response to donnafromnantucket

Hey there Donna,

There's not a way to tell if everyone received your message, especially in as big a group as you're wanting to create. One major reason is that they can have Read Receipts disabled as it's a feature within the iOS on an iPhone. Even if they received and read it, with Read Receipts being disabled, you nor anyone else would know if they did in fact read it unless they responded and let you know they did.

While we're unsure of any possible features like this within Android phones, or any other type of phone, the short answer is no. Regarding the question about seeing who else is in the group message, there's not a way to 'hide' the people in the group message from others.

Just in case you need a reference with steps to send a group message, check out this link: Send a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care!

How to send a group text individually

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.