You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop the multitasking on my iPad 7, iOS version 15.6.1?

Seems like after updating to 15.6.1 I now get slide-over windows when I hit a link instead of it opening a tab on Safari. I wanted to disable that but when I went to Settings>Home Screen & Dock. Looked for Multitasking but it wasn’t there. Even searched for Multitasking and couldn’t find it.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 7:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 7:07 PM

Multitasking can no longer be enabled/disabled in iPadOS 15.

Multitasking is now an integral part of the iPadOS 15 UI, now, via the three dots at the top middle area of any screen or app on the iPad.

It can no longer be enabled/disabled.

That is where you can control multitasking, now.

If you are not happy with this integrated feature, you can let Apple know by sending unacknowledged product/iPad feedback to Apple by tapping the link below.

Feedback - iPad - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 19, 2022 7:07 PM in response to radtate

Multitasking can no longer be enabled/disabled in iPadOS 15.

Multitasking is now an integral part of the iPadOS 15 UI, now, via the three dots at the top middle area of any screen or app on the iPad.

It can no longer be enabled/disabled.

That is where you can control multitasking, now.

If you are not happy with this integrated feature, you can let Apple know by sending unacknowledged product/iPad feedback to Apple by tapping the link below.

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Sep 20, 2022 5:45 AM in response to radtate

You need to explore multitasking - as you have a slide-out view of an App (in this case Safari) enabled. Key to accessing and controlling multi-tasking is the small “three-dot” button that is found at the top-centre edge of the screen.

This button is a core element of the iPadOS15 User Interface - intended to simplify use of full/split/slide-over multitasking. This control cannot be hidden or suppressed - and neither can multi-tasking be disabled in iPadOS15.

More information about using multi-tasking can be found in this support page:

Use multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support

The iPad User Guide is also a rich source of information about using iPad and its many features. The Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

How do I stop the multitasking on my iPad 7, iOS version 15.6.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.