You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore a deleted email with Time Machine

I recall that I used to search for deleted emails with Time Machine. Tried but can't seem to do it now.

(This post was from a very long time ago: recover mail from Time Machine ? - Apple Community)

Is it still possible to use Time Machine to browse old deleted emails? (Not the email folders in Library, but the actual email.

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 6:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 10:10 AM

As I understand it Time Machine has changed. Apparently in the past email messages could be recovered. Now that is not the case. Finding an email is now virtually impossible with Time Machine. My wife has to save and refer to a large volume of email messages. Since Time Machine makes it impossible to locate them we moved on to Carbon Copy Cloner which makes locating emails a snap.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 20, 2022 10:10 AM in response to Tony T1

As I understand it Time Machine has changed. Apparently in the past email messages could be recovered. Now that is not the case. Finding an email is now virtually impossible with Time Machine. My wife has to save and refer to a large volume of email messages. Since Time Machine makes it impossible to locate them we moved on to Carbon Copy Cloner which makes locating emails a snap.

Restore a deleted email with Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.