You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blurry video to recipients when sending via email safari on iPad

I used the record my screen functionality on my iPad Pro,12.9 3rd gen. I then send the 15 second short video with out sound to a email recipient via safari email. Looking at the recipients email from me is the video, but is very blurry. How can I send a clear video? The video is super clear as it is stored in my photos on my iPad. I am assuming it is compressing the video as it would if it was too large, but it is a short video without sound but can’t bi that big.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 9:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 9:29 AM

Video clips are huge - usually much larger than many email servers will accept. When sharing video, you would better share a link to a website.

Alternatively, you can selectively share photos and videos via iCloud.

Share photos and videos with an iCloud Link on iCloud.com - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 20, 2022 9:29 AM in response to davidfromrescue

Video clips are huge - usually much larger than many email servers will accept. When sharing video, you would better share a link to a website.

Alternatively, you can selectively share photos and videos via iCloud.

Share photos and videos with an iCloud Link on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Sep 20, 2022 9:33 AM in response to davidfromrescue

When you tried to attach it did you perhaps see an option to choose the size of the video?

If you did and you choose a smaller size you will end up with a pixelated video.

as Lotus said, the best way to share video clips is via icloud or some other sort of file sharing program (one drive also works good)

most email providers max out at 15-30 megs for an attachment and videos can easily exceed that

Blurry video to recipients when sending via email safari on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.