You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer Family Member Watch to New Phone

I just got the iPhone 14 on Friday. When I got it I did a phone to phone transfer. When I was done, I got a notification on my watch to to pair my watch with my new phone, which it completed fine. I did not remember until tonight when I was double checking things before I wiped my old phone to trade in that my daughters watch was set up in my phone as a family watch. It shows in the watch app, but under the description of it, it says in bold red letters, Paring Not Complete. If I select it I get the message "Daughters Apple Watch" Is Already Being Moved This Apple Watch is already being moved to your Phone. If I click on the i to go into the watches settings there is a Finish Paring... option if I select that I get Could Not Connect to Apple Watch Make sure your Apple Watch is nearby, powered on, and not in Airplane Mode. All of the things that it is having me make sure are all set and by all accounts it should start the pairing process. What is odd is the watch is still transmitting health data to my health app. That's great that I am getting the watch data to the health app but I can't control any of the settings on her watch. I don't want to wipe it and start over and lose all of her health data, and am not sure what to do.

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 8:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 9:08 PM

I figured this one out on my own, but I will leave the question up for anyone else who may have a similar problem. Even though I unlocked the watch before trying to finish the pairing, and tried it unlocked on the charger. I put it up against my own wrist (since she is asleep while I am doing IT for the family) and I got the taps that I was familiar with when it wanted to pair my watch with a new phone. Looked at her screen and pressed the button to finish paring. So it has to be on a wrist, unlocked, near the phone to finish this process.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 20, 2022 9:08 PM in response to William Laughlin

I figured this one out on my own, but I will leave the question up for anyone else who may have a similar problem. Even though I unlocked the watch before trying to finish the pairing, and tried it unlocked on the charger. I put it up against my own wrist (since she is asleep while I am doing IT for the family) and I got the taps that I was familiar with when it wanted to pair my watch with a new phone. Looked at her screen and pressed the button to finish paring. So it has to be on a wrist, unlocked, near the phone to finish this process.

Transfer Family Member Watch to New Phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.