You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail Slow To Load Messages

OSX 12.6 (21G115)

Apple Mail Version: Version 16.0 (3696.120.41.1.1)

For sometime now, I have been having issues with Apple Mail taking a long time to load messages.

In some cases It can be in excess of 10 minutes.

I get the header very quick but to load the body is so slow.

Has anyone got a solution for this please

iMac

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 11:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 2:34 AM

I installed Etrecheck and it reported some issues which I addressed.

After removing AVG AntiVirus, things appeared to be back to how I expect.

I will monitor for a few days and see how it goes without AVG

2 replies

Sep 21, 2022 9:41 PM in response to IanBarber

That sounds excessive. I have noticed that with two identical MacBook Pros, one used for work that has mandatory anti-virus, and the other used for home personal without anti-virus, Apple Mail loads much faster on my home device. But even the "slow" work device opens Apple Mail within 10-20 seconds or so and once open, individual messages open quickly.

Do you have any anti-virus or third party security or optimizer ("cleaning" or other) software tools installed?

I suggest you download Etrecheck and run it allowing for full disk access, post the output here with the Additional text button below. Check the output, it has no personal information, but it does have configuration information that could aid readers here in identifying the culprit.

Apple Mail Slow To Load Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.