You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I install GarageBand 2.3.12 on my iPad?

How can I install GarageBand 2.3.12 on my iPad 6.Gen? Only version GarageBand 2.3.13 is available in the App Store, but it is not compatible with iPad OS 15.7. But a newer iPadOS version is not available yet. What to do?

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 2:31 PM

4 replies

Sep 22, 2022 7:22 AM in response to MichelPM

Hi, it's really strange. I have set the filter to "iPad only". And my iPad has OS 15.7. So the latest version. But when I want to download Garageband, it says that iOS 16 is required. For some reason I don't understand, the device or OS is not recognized correctly and for that reason the wrong 2.3.13 version of Garageband is offered for download. Instead of the 2.3.12 version which would install on OS 15.7.  

Sep 21, 2022 2:54 PM in response to Marcus_4SELLERS

Recent version of Garageband on my iPad appears to be just working fine on my iPad running iPadOS 15.7.

After ANY iOS/iPadOS upgrade/update, you should ALWAYS perform a simple hard reset of your Apple mobile device.

For iPad models with a Home button, do a simple hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake/power button simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

OR

For much newer design iPad models, without a Home button, try the new simple hard reset procedure for the new 2018/2020/2021 iPad Pros, 2020 iPad Air 4 and 2021 iPad Mini 6 models.

1. Press and release the volume up button.

2. Then immediately press and release the volume down button.

3. Then, press and hold the single sleep/wake/power button You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018 iPad Pro will boot up completely to the iPad Pro’s Lock screen.

Best of Luck to You!

Sep 22, 2022 3:11 AM in response to Marcus_4SELLERS

I don't get it or understand.

In the iOS App Store under search, at the very top left of the search screen, tap the down disclosure arrow and make sure tbe app search is set for apps for iPad ONLY and NOT for iPhone.

The iPad version of Garageband should appear and you should be able to download it!

iPadOS 16 is, at least, over a week away and maybe a little longer, in October, so the current Garagebamd version for iPad and the current iOS 15.7 should still be available for iPad.

Apple would NOT have put up a version of an app for iPadOS 16, as it is not available to any iPad model until sometime in October 2022.

The version of Garagebamd for iPad should be the current one for iPadOS 15, if you change to App Store search parameter, at the top left hand corner of the App search page to iPad ONLY.

Good Luck!

How can I install GarageBand 2.3.12 on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.