You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

messages from my imac are not delivered to an android phone.

i send most of my messages from my imac instead of my iphone xs max ios 15.6.1 because i don't see well. better on a desktop.

several times my text messages from my imac were not delivered. then sometimes they are delivered. i don't understand the problem. please tell me how to solve it once and for all.

i just clicked the red i and tried again. since i tried again, about 2 minutes ago, i have not gotten a not delivered message. oops. there's the message again.

and is there an easily understood resource that i can used to understand messaging? thanks

iMac

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 7:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 7:27 AM

Make sure the paired iPhone is turned on and connected to wi-fi or a strong cellular network any time you try to send a message to an android phone.

Link-> How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

7 replies

Sep 24, 2022 7:04 AM in response to Phil0124

wow. thank you for this advice. i didn't know this. and again thanks for the link.

now i am going to try to send her 'droid a message from my mac with my iphone turned on and sitting next to me, which is within a couple feet from my wi-fi router.

i'm not going to try changing the settings on my phone until i know whether the message sent from.... oops. "not delivered."

now i am going to follow the instructions in your link. but first i have to go....

messages from my imac are not delivered to an android phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.