You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ImageCaptureCore error -9937

Hi - I'm trying to import photos and videos from my wife's iPhone to her Photo's Library on her MacBook laptop and get the following error for the vast majority of the files: "The operation couldn't be completed. (com.apple.ImageCaptureCore error -9937.). An error occurred while importing."

I've never encountered this error previously while performing the same operation the past few years.

The photos and videos display properly on her iPhone as well as on her laptop in Image Capture and also in Photos when her iPhone is connected and selected as one would do prior to beginning the Import process in Photos.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue so I can import the photos and videos into Photos.

Thanks,

Mark

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 8:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 4:50 PM

I am having this same issue since the new update recently to IOS 16.0.2. I have found that the ONLY workaround at the moment is to send your photos to yourself in the text message and then go on your IMAC message icon and drag photos from iMessage to Photos. This is TOTALLY Unacceptable though and APPLE should fix this ASAP. My iMac is macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6, iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011). It still functions great and if Apple is trying to get me to buy another iMac well.....they have lost a loyal and faithful apple customer for sure. In today's economy I don't have 1-2K laying around to buy a new computer when the one I have had been working just fine!!! I will try and find another alternative to import photos....any suggestions are appreciated. Maybe I'll buy one of those electronic picture frames and just send everything to it!!!

13 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 6, 2022 4:50 PM in response to Eric Fandrich

I am having this same issue since the new update recently to IOS 16.0.2. I have found that the ONLY workaround at the moment is to send your photos to yourself in the text message and then go on your IMAC message icon and drag photos from iMessage to Photos. This is TOTALLY Unacceptable though and APPLE should fix this ASAP. My iMac is macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6, iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011). It still functions great and if Apple is trying to get me to buy another iMac well.....they have lost a loyal and faithful apple customer for sure. In today's economy I don't have 1-2K laying around to buy a new computer when the one I have had been working just fine!!! I will try and find another alternative to import photos....any suggestions are appreciated. Maybe I'll buy one of those electronic picture frames and just send everything to it!!!

Sep 26, 2022 9:27 AM in response to TxAgMX5

Reported this today after finding no solutions over the weekend.

Please report it, the more of us that do the more likely it is to get fixed!

Tested on Macbook pro on El Captain and iPhone 14 running ios 16 - error 9937.

tested on iMac (2018) running Catalina and iPhone 14 running ios 14 - worked downloading via preview. Are Apple trying to make the still functioning macs obsolete!?? ;{

You can use this form for feedback about Photos iOS: Feedback - Photos - Apple-

for feature requests, bug report, etc.

Oct 3, 2022 11:39 AM in response to TxAgMX5

I am consistently getting the ImageCaptureCore error -9937 since updating my iPhone to iOS 16 (currently 16.0.2).

No items in the iPhone Photos library will transfer to the Mac Photos library.

The error is not sensitive to file format.

Creating a pristine Mac Photos library for testing purposes does not make a difference.

Playing with the usual this/that format/method settings etc. does not make a difference.

Photos that I have already (previously) downloaded from my iPhone to my Mac can no longer be uploaded to Mac Photos.

Photos not taken on an Mac (eg. sent to me in attachments by other people, eg. jpg) can not be uploaded to Mac Photos.

The 'Image Capture' app (sometimes workaround) produces the same error.

iPhone Photo files sent through an intermediary service (eg. iMessage) CAN be transferred (laboriously) to Mac Photos.

ImageCaptureCore error -9937

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.