You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery issue with my iPad Air 2

my ipad is under a serious problem of battery, since it can not use alone without charging. I hope to find a solution from the apple but they just rejected.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 7:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 3:10 AM

Your iPad Air2 is considered to a be a “vintage” product (defined as being more than five years, but less than seven, since the end of production. For “vintage” devices, repairs and battery replacement are possible subject to availability of parts.

Devices that are older than seven years from end of production are “obsolete” - and are no longer supported by Apple for hardware repair or battery replacement:

Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support

If your iPad Air2 was “rejected” per your description, this would suggest that either parts are no longer available - or your iPad has some other damage or fault that precludes eligibility.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPad Service & Repair - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 25, 2022 3:10 AM in response to Feixiongchen

Your iPad Air2 is considered to a be a “vintage” product (defined as being more than five years, but less than seven, since the end of production. For “vintage” devices, repairs and battery replacement are possible subject to availability of parts.

Devices that are older than seven years from end of production are “obsolete” - and are no longer supported by Apple for hardware repair or battery replacement:

Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support

If your iPad Air2 was “rejected” per your description, this would suggest that either parts are no longer available - or your iPad has some other damage or fault that precludes eligibility.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPad Service & Repair - Apple Support

Battery issue with my iPad Air 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.