You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to download you tube on my older I pad

I have an older version of an iPad and I would like to download YouTube but when I try it says that the new version of YouTube is not compatible with my iPad. Is there another version of YouTube I can use so I can watch things on YouTube?

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 6:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 6:29 PM

Artsy-grl Said:

"How to download you tube on my older I pad: I have an older version of an iPad and I would like to download YouTube but when I try it says that the new version of YouTube is not compatible with my iPad. Is there another version of YouTube I can use so I can watch things on YouTube?"

-------

Getting an Older App:

Get it from none other than YouTube or Apple. I take it you have an iPad 1 or iPad 2. Neither go past iPadOS 9. So, contact YouTube, asking if they have an available application for this.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 24, 2022 6:29 PM in response to Artsy-grl

Artsy-grl Said:

"How to download you tube on my older I pad: I have an older version of an iPad and I would like to download YouTube but when I try it says that the new version of YouTube is not compatible with my iPad. Is there another version of YouTube I can use so I can watch things on YouTube?"

-------

Getting an Older App:

Get it from none other than YouTube or Apple. I take it you have an iPad 1 or iPad 2. Neither go past iPadOS 9. So, contact YouTube, asking if they have an available application for this.

Sep 25, 2022 3:02 PM in response to Artsy-grl

Just use whatever Web browser you have on that old iPad to accesss the actual YouTube Website and log into your YouTube/Google account ID to login to your YouTube content.

You can watch YouTube videos from the iPad mobile Web browser.

If you need an more up to date and more secure Web browser for such an old iPad model look at this third party Web browser, in the iOS App Store, called Alook.

Alook

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/alook-browser-8x-speed/id1261944766

It is, definitely NOT 8X speed on older iPad models, but is faster and more up to date and aecure than the 6-year old vetsion of tnd iOS Safari Web browser.

Best of Luck to You!

How to download you tube on my older I pad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.