You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In-Ear Phone Ringer Volume Too Loud

Using at iPhone 14 Pro Max w system 16.0.2 - does anyone know how to change the volume of the traditional phone ringing noise that is played in your ear when you place an outgoing call? I noticed that the volume of this "ring ring" tone is noticeably louder after updating to iOS 16, both on my old iPhone 13 Pro and my new 14 Pro Max. Changing the call volume doesn't seem to affect this anymore, which I believe it did in the past. The "ringing tone" seems to have a distinct (and much higher) volume than the call volume (how loud the other person's voice is). Most searches I have done on this issue result in questions about changing the "ringtone" volume, which I believe is a different issue altogether in that it refers to how loud the volume is of the ringtone that is produced when you receive an incoming call. The noise has become so loud both on the phone speaker and in my AirPods that I am worried about damaging my hearing. Not sure if this is a bug or what. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 12:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 12:49 PM

You can turn the volume down when using the earpiece.

2 replies

In-Ear Phone Ringer Volume Too Loud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.