You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group contacts

how do I get group contacts from my laptop to my iPad without recreating the groups? I can’t figure how to put the groups on icloud.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 6:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 11:40 PM

See the articles Set up and use iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

See some articles iCloud: Export a contact as a vCard from iCloud Contacts

iCloud: Import a contact into iCloud Contacts

iCloud: Create a group in iCloud Contacts

Note : you can transfer contacts from iCloud.com using a web browser to another group , but groups created from iPad will not sync in iCloud.com or Mac , the contacts from All iCloud that were saved inside it will sync when iPad / Mac are signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network ( the contacts box from Mac / iPad should always be turned as on ) .

if you had created a group " A " in iPad , that won't sync in iCloud.com you have to manually create the same group with same name " A " in iCloud.com

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 27, 2022 11:40 PM in response to 502user

See the articles Set up and use iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

See some articles iCloud: Export a contact as a vCard from iCloud Contacts

iCloud: Import a contact into iCloud Contacts

iCloud: Create a group in iCloud Contacts

Note : you can transfer contacts from iCloud.com using a web browser to another group , but groups created from iPad will not sync in iCloud.com or Mac , the contacts from All iCloud that were saved inside it will sync when iPad / Mac are signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network ( the contacts box from Mac / iPad should always be turned as on ) .

if you had created a group " A " in iPad , that won't sync in iCloud.com you have to manually create the same group with same name " A " in iCloud.com

Group contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.