You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS16 broke Spoken content

I have used Spoken Content to listen to clippings and other text for years. i typically used an app called Bear. IOS16 has broken this feature. Now if i try to multitask and look at a different app or if the screen locks, spoken content crashes. It stops and does not remember its place. Any suggestions?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 9:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 5:21 PM

Thank you. I have done that. I understand the problem between Apple and the developer ecosystem. But when an app works well for years, and it has not been changed, I suggest that the app is not broken. Installing IOS 16 on my phone was the only thing that changed. I have tried and Spoken Content continues to work as before on Safari, Mail, and Notes. So my cynical side must assume this was an Apple tactic to cripple a developer which provides a function that Apple has chosen to to develop. I will work with the developer. But this is not the first time Apple has "improved" their OS and destroyed the function of a developer who has been otherwise successful.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 3, 2022 5:21 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

Thank you. I have done that. I understand the problem between Apple and the developer ecosystem. But when an app works well for years, and it has not been changed, I suggest that the app is not broken. Installing IOS 16 on my phone was the only thing that changed. I have tried and Spoken Content continues to work as before on Safari, Mail, and Notes. So my cynical side must assume this was an Apple tactic to cripple a developer which provides a function that Apple has chosen to to develop. I will work with the developer. But this is not the first time Apple has "improved" their OS and destroyed the function of a developer who has been otherwise successful.

IOS16 broke Spoken content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.