You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen black after closing

Hey,

When I close my computer screen lid and open it again the majority of the screen stays black except for a bar along the top which is showing my wallpaper. It sometimes stays like this for a few minutes or a few seconds.

When the screen was black I took a screen shot - but the image of the screenshot actually shows the screen working as normal. So I had to take a picture with my phone to show the issues.

I've attached a pictures to show what I mean. Anyone know what is going on here?

Mac is fully up to date and is a (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 7:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 1:31 PM

Since a screenshot shows the screen you should have, it means the problem is with the Display Assembly which means you will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate.

1 reply

Screen black after closing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.