You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't understand. I have uploaded my photos to icloud, but photos still use a significant space on my computer storage. Any help is appreciated!

I don't understand. I have uploaded my photos to icloud, but photos still use a significant space on my computer storage. Any help is appreciated!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 12:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 2:21 PM

They will. Photos iCloud is a synchronization service, not offline storage. Anything on your device is also in the cloud. And, any changes you make (edit, delete, etc.) on one device will be reflected on all devices.

You can elect to optimize photo storage, which will keep full-resolution photos in iCloud and lower-resolution images on your device. On a Mac go to Photos > Settings > iCloud in the Photos menu

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 3, 2022 2:21 PM in response to GMaC22

They will. Photos iCloud is a synchronization service, not offline storage. Anything on your device is also in the cloud. And, any changes you make (edit, delete, etc.) on one device will be reflected on all devices.

You can elect to optimize photo storage, which will keep full-resolution photos in iCloud and lower-resolution images on your device. On a Mac go to Photos > Settings > iCloud in the Photos menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.