You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my original Apple ID password and lost access to my old trusted phone and number

I forgot my original Apple ID password and lost access to my old trusted phone and number . When I proceed with the instructions that’s provided on google as far as signing up with my Apple ID and hitting I forgot my Apple ID line which is the only line that I have as an option it prompts me to sign in again with Apple ID than takes me to my old trusted number which I confirm that it tells me to enter the code sent to that number and it doesn’t give me any other option. I created a temp Apple ID for the time being but I need my old account that has all my valuable information. Any help would be appreciated thanks

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 10:10 AM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2022 5:40 AM in response to akeel288

From your post it appears you are having an issue receiving a verification code. The article you came from, Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in, can show any devices signed in with your Apple ID which may help. 

There are multiple ways to receive the authentication code you need:

1. Use the code displayed on your trusted device
  2. Get a test or phone call
  3. Get a code fro mSettings on your trusted device
  4. Account Recovery

Details for each of these steps is available here: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

If you are not able to get the code using those methods, resetting the password for your Apple ID will also provide access. Here are a couple ways to do that: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you are not able to receive the code using any of the methods outlined above, then the next step would be to start the account recovery process. Those instructions can be found here: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Have a good day. 

I forgot my original Apple ID password and lost access to my old trusted phone and number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.