You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Constantly Flickers with Samsung

I am using my Apple TV with a Samsung TV and it constantly flickers on and off. I can't even watch anything without it doing this. It does it on all apps. I have changed out the HDMI cable several time. I have done all resets and restores.

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 2:53 PM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2022 10:05 AM in response to christinefrommenifee

Hello christinefrommenifee,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. You've done an excellent job with the troubleshooting steps that were performed. One additional step we recommend to further isolate this behavior is to ensure that your Apple TV is updated to the latest version of tvOS 16. This helps to provide software improvements that may help. Here's how to update your Apple TV:

Update your Apple TV automatically
You can set your Apple TV to automatically install new updates when they're available.
- On Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD: Go to Settings > System > Software Updates and turn on Automatically Update.
- On Apple TV (3rd generation): Go to Settings > General > Software Updates and turn on Update Automatically.

Update Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD
1. Go to Settings > System > Software Updates and select Update Software.
2. If there's an update, select Download and Install. 
3. Wait for your Apple TV to download the update. Don't disconnect or unplug your Apple TV until the update completes.

After the update downloads, your Apple TV will restart, prepare the update, then install it. When the update is complete, your Apple TV will automatically restart again.

Update Apple TV (3rd generation)
1. Go to Settings > General > Software Updates and select Update Software.
2. If there's an update, download and install it.
3. Wait for your Apple TV to download the update. Don't disconnect or unplug your Apple TV until the update completes.

After the update downloads, your Apple TV will restart, prepare the update, and install it. When the update is complete, your Apple TV will automatically restart again.

Following these steps may help and are outlined here for you to reference: Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Kind regards.

Apple TV Constantly Flickers with Samsung

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.