You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail alerts /banners are not showing, only the badge!

Hi,

I have turned on notifications for emails on my Mac (running MacOs monterey), but only badges are shown when I receive an email, but I receive the notification on my iPhone first. I have attached a screenshot of my email notification preferences. I have not turned on Do not disturb mode.

How can I make it work to show Alerts when an email comes? Please help

Thanks

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 10:02 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Oct 6, 2022 4:51 PM in response to dmcshehan

Hello, dmcshehan.

Let's start by taking a look at this article that explains how to customize your Mail settings: Change General preferences in Mail on Mac - Apple Support. The 'new message notifications' section says:

1. "Choose the mailbox for which you want notifications to be displayed when messages arrive.
    2. To be displayed, the alert style must be set to Banners or Alerts for Mail in Notifications preferences.
    3. To open Notifications preferences, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Notifications."

In addition, this article helps personalize your Notifications on your Mac further: View app notifications on Mac - Apple Support.

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

Mail alerts /banners are not showing, only the badge!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.