You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook is freaking out in a weird way after cleaning up some files

Hi,

After using 'DaisyDisk' to clean up cache's and folders. All of a sudden my macbook's finder functions are not working properly. This includes:

• Dragging and dropping files within desktop (it lags)
  • Not able to save from programs like Adobe illustrator (finder can't find the folders to save on)
  • Creating folders on desktop.
  • Finder folder not opening.
  • All my files in my desktop is everywhere now vs. it was organized and arranged before.

Anything relating to what finder does - my macbook is failing at. Things I've tried are:

• Restarting
  • Deleting the com.apple.finder file in the library folder
  • using guest user (here everything works normally!)

How can i fix this and take it back to how it was? Much appreciated.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 5:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 6:12 AM

Ky_Lee wrote:

• Hi,
After using 'DaisyDisk' to clean up cache's and folders. All of a sudden my macbook's finder functions are not working properly. This includes:

Dragging and dropping files within desktop (it lags)
• Not able to save from programs like Adobe illustrator (finder can't find the folders to save on)
• All my files in my desktop is everywhere now vs. it was organized and arranged before.
Anything relating to what finder does - my macbook is failing at. Things I've tried are:

Restarting

You can restore from one of your backups prior to installing/using your DaisyDisk'....

Restore your Mac from a backup

Restore your Mac from a backup - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 6, 2022 6:12 AM in response to Ky_Lee

Ky_Lee wrote:

• Hi,

Dragging and dropping files within desktop (it lags)

Restarting

You can restore from one of your backups prior to installing/using your DaisyDisk'....

Restore your Mac from a backup

Restore your Mac from a backup - Apple Support

Macbook is freaking out in a weird way after cleaning up some files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.