You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Doesnt recognise my apple ID and Re-instaling the OS on 2009 - 2010 Imac

I just bought 2 Imac, where the previous owner deleted everything from the disk ( reset to factory ) but wasnt able to instal the OS again.

Imac24" : It goes to the utility, I have the Mac OS X there ready to install, no issues, all good, next next , accept, next , "loging to app store" insert apple Login and Pass ... and here is where all comes to a stop, becasue it says My login or pass are not valid when I know they are... using them right now to write this.

Notes: recognises the "option" hold, to chose what disk to start with, recognises the "option+cmd+P+R" and does it all to the chose language, and then utilities again. DOES NOT recognise the "cmd+R" or any to grab the internet recovery.

Imac27" : It gets stuck at 100% of loading bar, It does not enter Utility, "cmd+R" goes to internet recovery instead of Utility and going through the "download" it stays stuck on 100% loading bar ... left it on the entire night .. nothing happened, just stuck on the Apple logo with a full loading bar.

Recognises the "option" , but doesnt show a recovery disk... only shows 1 disk.

Neither one seems to recognise my external drive with an installed MAC OS ....

So.... anyone has any other idea or options I could use, before opening them up and change their Hardrives or try to directly install a new MacOS through USB ?

Thank you

iMac

Posted on Oct 6, 2022 3:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 5:06 PM

2009 iMacs do not come with internet restore. You need a copy of Snow Leopard retail. Late 2009 iMacs can install up to 10.13, and you can use Target Disk Mode to clone an installation over, or boot off the drive, as long as you are only going to use that OS on that Mac. If you don't have a bootable Mac to copy the information over from, you will need to get Snow Leopard retail and follow the directions here.

2010 Macs may have internet restore if a firmware was installed.

March 15, 2010 to July 2011 Macs without the firmware need a later operating system or the system specific disc that shipped with them.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 7, 2022 5:06 PM in response to davgil

2009 iMacs do not come with internet restore. You need a copy of Snow Leopard retail. Late 2009 iMacs can install up to 10.13, and you can use Target Disk Mode to clone an installation over, or boot off the drive, as long as you are only going to use that OS on that Mac. If you don't have a bootable Mac to copy the information over from, you will need to get Snow Leopard retail and follow the directions here.

2010 Macs may have internet restore if a firmware was installed.

March 15, 2010 to July 2011 Macs without the firmware need a later operating system or the system specific disc that shipped with them.

Doesnt recognise my apple ID and Re-instaling the OS on 2009 - 2010 Imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.