You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina Photos app

Photos cannot find the System Photo Library named “Photos Library.photoslibrary”

However I have found all my Photos in Finder in a folder labelled Pictures

How should I proceed

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 11:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 9:51 AM

Under the File menu, select Find and ask it to look over your entire Mac for a file with the name containing

Photos Library

If it cannot find it (normally it is also in the Pictures folder), open Photos, create a new Photos Library if necessary, and use the Import function to import the image files that you found in your Pictures folder.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 8, 2022 9:51 AM in response to wb1899

Under the File menu, select Find and ask it to look over your entire Mac for a file with the name containing

Photos Library

If it cannot find it (normally it is also in the Pictures folder), open Photos, create a new Photos Library if necessary, and use the Import function to import the image files that you found in your Pictures folder.

Catalina Photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.