You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost iphone

How can I find my iphone using IMEI if it's stolen?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 9:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2022 10:21 PM

effie197 wrote:

You cannot. Find My is the only mechanism that is available to users. Your cellular provider can have other options.

Tracking by IMEI or serial number would be massively misused by crooks and abusive exes, among other miscreants.

Here is what to do: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 8, 2022 10:21 PM in response to effie197

effie197 wrote:

You cannot. Find My is the only mechanism that is available to users. Your cellular provider can have other options.

Tracking by IMEI or serial number would be massively misused by crooks and abusive exes, among other miscreants.

Here is what to do: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Oct 8, 2022 10:37 PM in response to effie197

effie197 Said:

"Lost iphone: How can I find my iphone using IMEI if it's stolen?"

-------

Secure your Info:

Being of high concern, (A)verify your devices, and (B)secure your account. Open a new eMail addressee d use that for your Apple ID.

1. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

2. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

Lost iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.