You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Preview giving me text boxes or arrows further to the right and down until I can't use them?

I use Preview to draw diagrams for plumbing projects but the more I select boxes or arrows or lines, Preview keeps putting them to the right and lower down until I can't use them because they're off the limits of the pane. My only solution was to use a much larger TIFF of a blank white pic but even that had its limits. Why is it doing this and how do I solve it? Using macOS Monterey 12.6.

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 8:06 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 9, 2022 10:07 PM in response to dialabrain

Thank you, realized when taking screenshot for you that I could add the text box or arrows, lines and they showed up in center of saved pic. You can see arrow near Shutoff valve. I thought once I saved it that it would just do same thing moving text or arrows out of reach. Still, it's odd that it does that when I'm creating the diagram, instead of that arrow being centered like it is in the pic, it would be unavailable/out of bounds due to it moving each time I need to add another text box or arrow/line. Your request helped me figure it out finally.

Why is Preview giving me text boxes or arrows further to the right and down until I can't use them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.