You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can’t change my nickname in my game center

how to change your nickname in game center when you’re unable to?

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 7:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 10:40 AM

I tried the steps in that link (Use Game Center to play with friends - Apple Support) but my Game Center Nickname just keeps auto-populating with my old name. I type in a new name, I even tried using one of the suggested ones on my iPhone (just to check with names I knew for sure are available), and no matter what I do, as soon as I tap out of the Nickname field, the Nickname field re-populates with my old nickname.

iPhone 13, iOS16

Is anyone else experiencing this?

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 14, 2022 10:40 AM in response to SravanKrA

I tried the steps in that link (Use Game Center to play with friends - Apple Support) but my Game Center Nickname just keeps auto-populating with my old name. I type in a new name, I even tried using one of the suggested ones on my iPhone (just to check with names I knew for sure are available), and no matter what I do, as soon as I tap out of the Nickname field, the Nickname field re-populates with my old nickname.

iPhone 13, iOS16

Is anyone else experiencing this?

i can’t change my nickname in my game center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.