You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro 2021 models also have cracking sounds while using noise cancellation mode

Anybody having cracking sound issue with their 2021 AirPods Pro ?

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 2:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 2:29 PM

jeanx89 Said:

"AirPods Pro 2021 models also have cracking sounds while using noise cancellation mode"

-------

Troubleshooting Cracking AirPods:

Interference:

It may be interference that getting in the way here. 

Some Links in Regards to Interference:

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 12, 2022 2:29 PM in response to jeanx89

jeanx89 Said:

"AirPods Pro 2021 models also have cracking sounds while using noise cancellation mode"

-------

Troubleshooting Cracking AirPods:

Interference:

It may be interference that getting in the way here. 

Some Links in Regards to Interference:

Oct 12, 2022 11:35 PM in response to jeanx89

jeanx89 Said:

"AirPods Pro 2021 models also have cracking sounds while using noise cancellation mode: You will be surprised to hear that this issue is so widespread among the AirPods Pro 1st gen irrespective of manufacturing date. If you type this issue in you-tube and check comment section of any video you will find thousands of people complaining about the same. Hope Apple to address this issue at the earliest."

-------

To the OP and All Readers:

A Bit of a Tip...

Inform Apple of this Fix:

Do your Part: Report this to AppleApple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what fixes to include in updates to come. Probably all over the globe wind about so many times out there, and yet Apple has done nothing about it. Well, to their credit, Apple barely reads these forums as it is on their own time and effort. So, to get some credit towards making this a fix, do you part and report it to Apple.

1. Go Here: Feedback - AirPods - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came access it issue, and how you have troubleshot it thus far. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Oct 12, 2022 10:22 AM in response to jeanx89

Yup - I have a pair of "made in January 2021" APPG1 that crackle whenever I'm in ANC or transparency. I reached out to Apple to see if they would address the issue via the APP Service Program:

AirPods Pro Service Program for Sound Issues - Apple Support

That said, since mine were made just after Oct 2020, Apple insisted the problem was not due to the previously identified manufacturing issue. I escalated up the call-center chain of command as far as I could, but everyone gave me the same response even though the behavior is exactly what is described in the recall.

Pretty disappointed - I've got a couple of emails into Apple to see if they'll come around but I haven't heard anything back so I'm not optimistic they'll address the issue...

AirPods Pro 2021 models also have cracking sounds while using noise cancellation mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.