You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How turn off one particular keyboard shortcut in Word for Mac

I'm very keyboard-centric and use an Omoton full keyboard with my iMac 24" and macOS Monterey. When writing in Word for Mac I often use Option-Shift-[Left-Arrow] and Option-Shift-[right-arrow] to select text one word at a time. However, my fingers sometimes slip and I end up doing Control-Shift-[left arrow] and Control-Shift-[right arrow] instead which seems to set a different style on the current paragraph. I don't see those shortcuts described anywhere, but it definitely happens. Is there a way I can turn off that those two keyboard shortcuts that I sometimes mistakenly press?

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 8:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 8:15 AM

This article may provide the info you are looking for: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/keyboard-shortcuts-in-word-95ef89dd-7142-4b50-afb2-f762f663ceb2#PickTab=macOS

1 reply

How turn off one particular keyboard shortcut in Word for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.