You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable Family Location sharing completely?

I am currently the organiser and realised that my child could disable/erase all the devices within the family group. Is there a way to limit my child's access to the rest of the family's devices?

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 4:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 7:13 AM

While it seems that each user may be in a position to erase devices belonging to others the last step of the procedure requires that you enter the password for the Apple ID of the device's user. This feature is designed such that family members can help each other out in the event that a device is lost or stolen. Note that you can choose which members of your family can see your location.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 13, 2022 7:13 AM in response to LenPong

While it seems that each user may be in a position to erase devices belonging to others the last step of the procedure requires that you enter the password for the Apple ID of the device's user. This feature is designed such that family members can help each other out in the event that a device is lost or stolen. Note that you can choose which members of your family can see your location.

tt2

How to disable Family Location sharing completely?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.