You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV will not recognize home sharing

I have two 4K Apple TVs in my home. One connects successfully to Home Sharing, allowing me to watch videos from my computer. The other Apple TV does not see my computer at all and gives me “no library found” messages. I have signed out and back in several times to check for Apple ID issues, but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else had this experience and if so, were you able to fix it?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 1:13 PM

2 replies

Oct 13, 2022 9:44 PM in response to David Bassin

For Home Sharing, all devices must connect to the same home network. For Wi-Fi, that means the same SSID network name, in case your router or access point is configured to use multiple SSIDs.

For Home Sharing, all devices must be configured to use the same Apple ID account for Home Sharing services. The library won’t be discovered for a non-matching account.

Apple TV will not recognize home sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.