You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder hiding files

I used to be able to find downloads and other files by clicking on Finder. Now I just see what is below, a list of "tags" that mean nothing to me. Under Downloads, it's blank, even though there are lots of files there. I don't see anything to click to bring back the old screen, which used to have Recents, Downloads, etc. The files still exist as I can find them if I look hard enough, but it takes much longer than just using Finder. Is there a way to return the old format?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 10:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 10:26 AM

Pass your mouse over the word Favorites in the Finder sidebar. You will see a > symbol and when you click that, your Favorites items will reappear in the sidebar. For the Tags, you can repeat this process on the name Tags to hide them.

1 reply

Finder hiding files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.