You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone drops wifi

iPhone X with latest system installed constantly loses wifi. This doesn’t happen on my iPad. I have to turn wifi off and then back on for it to pick up the signal again. It doesn’t matter if I’m at home or elsewhere.

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 1:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 1:35 PM

Does it happen when you are using the phone, or when it is asleep? The phone shuts off Wi-Fi when sleeping to preserve battery energy. If it shuts down when the screen is on that is not normal. Start by going to Settings/General/Transfer or Reset Phone/Reset/Reset Network Settings. You will have to re-enter Wi-Fi passwords, but won’t lose any other data.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 14, 2022 1:35 PM in response to jacksonjumich

Does it happen when you are using the phone, or when it is asleep? The phone shuts off Wi-Fi when sleeping to preserve battery energy. If it shuts down when the screen is on that is not normal. Start by going to Settings/General/Transfer or Reset Phone/Reset/Reset Network Settings. You will have to re-enter Wi-Fi passwords, but won’t lose any other data.

Oct 17, 2022 7:41 AM in response to jacksonjumich

There are a couple of things having nothing to do with your phone that can cause this. Here’s one→Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support. But if it happens on multiple Wi-Fi networks that aren’t near each other arrange to have your phone checked by Apple→Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iphone drops wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.