You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage sync between iPhone 13 & iPad Pro (217 Model)

I just updated my iPhone 13 to IOS 16. My iPad Pro is the 2017 model (IOS 15.7 update installed) When I receive a text message it goes to both devices. Since the IOS 16 update, when I delete an iMessage on my iPad, it stays on my iPhone. When I delete one from my iPhone, it automatically deletes from my iPad.

I received 2 different answers from 2 different support Agents. One told me the software engineers are aware of the problem and are working on it. The other told me IOS 16 and IOS 15.7 regarding iMessages are not compatible when it comes to deleting iMessages; and if I get a new iPad with IOS 16, the problem is solved. I found that “answer” to be a bit of a stretch, because IOS 16 is not yet available on any iPad.

is anyone experiencing the same issue?

Thanks,

Ken

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 6:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 5:57 PM

I have this exact same issue. Messages deleted from iPhone delete on iPad & Mac, but not the other way. Tried all fixes with no success.

Have spent hours with Tier 2 support answering question and waiting for the "Engineers" to get back to Tier 2 to get in contact with me and NOTHING!!! A very expensive device to not work or be able to get help with. Very frustrating.

There are 2 other threads with the same issue:

iOS 16 iMessage bug- not update/sync - Apple Community

iOS 16 - Apple Community

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 19, 2022 5:57 PM in response to KRosey123

I have this exact same issue. Messages deleted from iPhone delete on iPad & Mac, but not the other way. Tried all fixes with no success.

Have spent hours with Tier 2 support answering question and waiting for the "Engineers" to get back to Tier 2 to get in contact with me and NOTHING!!! A very expensive device to not work or be able to get help with. Very frustrating.

There are 2 other threads with the same issue:

iOS 16 iMessage bug- not update/sync - Apple Community

iOS 16 - Apple Community

iMessage sync between iPhone 13 & iPad Pro (217 Model)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.