You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I bypass the original apple ID and password, if I had just bought my iphone, to unlock it?

If I had just purchased an iPhone 7 from a friend, and I am going about setting the phone up, however it is asking me for the original Apple ID and password. How can I bypass that information? The original owner of the phone has passed away and nobody knows the information.

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 6:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 6:23 AM

You can't. It's activation locked. You will need the password and the Apple ID.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Remove Activation Lock on the device.

Follow the onscreen steps to enter the Apple ID and password...[used to set up the device].

Or, if you have the original sales receipt:

Start a support request

If you need help removing Activation Lock and have proof of purchase documentation, you can start an Activation Lock support request.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 15, 2022 6:23 AM in response to Buddy8184

You can't. It's activation locked. You will need the password and the Apple ID.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Remove Activation Lock on the device.

Follow the onscreen steps to enter the Apple ID and password...[used to set up the device].

Or, if you have the original sales receipt:

Start a support request

If you need help removing Activation Lock and have proof of purchase documentation, you can start an Activation Lock support request.

How can I bypass the original apple ID and password, if I had just bought my iphone, to unlock it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.