You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

display verification code on my iMac desktop

I have a question: In the past, every time I logged on to a web site that had 2-step verification capabilities, that site would send me a 6 or 8 digit code to a device of my choosing (in this case, my iPhone12, iOS 16.0.3). That still happens. However, up until just recently, and at about the same time, I would also receive that same 6 or 8 digit code that would be sent to my iMessages and that same code would also be displayed on my 27” iMac desktop (Mac OS X Monterey 12.6) where I would or could simply click on the code to prove that I was who I said I was and I would be logged in. Except for the iPhone12 receiving the code, nothing else currently works. Now I know this is a convenience, but it is a good one. I have had this problem before and have contacted Apple chat. That nice young woman knew exactly what to do. Problem is, I didn’t take notes so I can’t duplicate her actions. Suggestions?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 1:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 9:19 AM

Those messages are sent as text messages to your iPhone.

Are they not appearing on your Mac? The only way to get them to appear in the Mac's Messages app is to enable Text Message Forwarding: How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support.

2 replies

display verification code on my iMac desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.