You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flip camera front/back during recording

On my Samsung S21 Ultra I can flip the camera during video recording by tapping a button on the screen.

From what I understand it not possible to flip the camera on an Iphone by tapping the screen. Is this correct?

I was trying to find information on how to flip the camera and it might be possible by activate the volume buttons in the camera settings. And that I could flip camera by tapping the volume button.

Could someone confirm this?

Thanks

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 4:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 3:31 PM

Hello JohanLrk,

That's a wonderful question! There isn't a way to switch between the rear and front facing camera when recording a video via the Camera application. You have the ability to switch between the cameras when on a FaceTime call though. Apple appreciates all feedback regarding their products, services, and features. If you would like to provide this feedback to Apple for review, you can do so via the Product Feedback website. This would ensure the right individuals receive and review the feedback you provide.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 18, 2022 3:31 PM in response to JohanLrk

Hello JohanLrk,

That's a wonderful question! There isn't a way to switch between the rear and front facing camera when recording a video via the Camera application. You have the ability to switch between the cameras when on a FaceTime call though. Apple appreciates all feedback regarding their products, services, and features. If you would like to provide this feedback to Apple for review, you can do so via the Product Feedback website. This would ensure the right individuals receive and review the feedback you provide.

Take care!

Flip camera front/back during recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.