You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app freezes on quit / endless "saving library"

Numerous folks have had the issue of a very long or endless "Saving Music Library" dialogue box on quitting Music.

The string of other users who have tried to resolve this can be found at

Music App freezes/hangs every time I quit… - Apple Community

I've tried endless possible solutions, including all the ones listed at the above link. I have backups of my entire music folder, including libraries, art, etc., but using those did not lead to a solution. Today, I had my second call with Apple lasting 2 hours and 10 minutes...

With no solution found. We ended with the suggestion that I should rebuild my library from scratch—All 250 GB of music and 453 smart playlists, created over the last 21 years. Of course, this is an unrealistic solution.

Given the number of other users with this issue, Apple needs to figure out what's going on.

In the meantime, has anyone else tried all the solutions in the thread and found some other solution that works?

Many thanks.

MacMini (M1 2020), MacOS 12.6, 1 TB drive with >600 GB free.

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 4:41 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Music app freezes on quit / endless "saving library"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.