You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have High Sierra now. Should I update to Monterey without the other prior updates?

I have High Sierra now. Should I update to Monterey without the other prior updates?

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 11:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 12:11 PM

If your Mac is on this list: macOS Monterey is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

I would download and run the free Go64 application to see if there are any show-stopper 32-bit application dependencies as Monterey only supports 64-bit applications. Same drill with printer/scanner drivers. Check the vendor sites for driver availability before you go any further. Perform a final Time Machine backup of your macOS High Sierra before you upgrade, and then set that drive aside, not allowing Monterey to use it. Be certain you have at least 40GB of remaining storage on your Mac.

You can go directly with the full Monterey 12.6 upgrade from How to download macOS - Apple Support

The Mac App Store will deposit the Monterey installer in your /Applications folder.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 19, 2022 12:11 PM in response to Zinnia22

If your Mac is on this list: macOS Monterey is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

I would download and run the free Go64 application to see if there are any show-stopper 32-bit application dependencies as Monterey only supports 64-bit applications. Same drill with printer/scanner drivers. Check the vendor sites for driver availability before you go any further. Perform a final Time Machine backup of your macOS High Sierra before you upgrade, and then set that drive aside, not allowing Monterey to use it. Be certain you have at least 40GB of remaining storage on your Mac.

You can go directly with the full Monterey 12.6 upgrade from How to download macOS - Apple Support

The Mac App Store will deposit the Monterey installer in your /Applications folder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.