You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

find my phone

When I can't locate my phone, somewhere in the house usually, I want to use "find my phone." But the program sends a verification code TO THE PHONE. Since I can't find the phone, I can't get the code. This seems to be new.

What do I DO to change this? It seems to require a phone number, not an e-mail address.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 8:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 4:49 AM

If you are sure it is within the house then...

Play a sound on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or Apple Watch

1. In Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, click All Devices, then select the device you want to play a sound on. If you do not see All Devices, it is because you have already selected a device. ... 
  2. Click Play Sound.

Play a sound on a device with Find My iPhone on iCloud.com

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 20, 2022 4:49 AM in response to Anc-user

If you are sure it is within the house then...

Play a sound on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or Apple Watch

1. In Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, click All Devices, then select the device you want to play a sound on. If you do not see All Devices, it is because you have already selected a device. ... 
  2. Click Play Sound.

Play a sound on a device with Find My iPhone on iCloud.com

find my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.