You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I update older Mac

Hi guys!

So, I have an older mac, all is perfect but since I am not able to update it anymore, it's getting worse for my work. I don't want to spend few thousands for a new one.

I have Mac from mid 2010, High Sierra 10.13.6, 2,4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and would like to update it to any operation system between Mojave and Big Sur.

Is it anymore possible? Send help!

Thanks in advance :)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 2:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 2:44 AM

Is the specific computer Listed as Qualifying on either of the two links below ?

Answer - No

macOS Catalina 10.15 hardware requirements

macOS Mojave 10.14 hardware requirements

9 replies

Oct 20, 2022 3:29 AM in response to chemical_sister

chemical_sister wrote:

Well in Mojave there is Mac Pro (Late 2013; Mid 2010 and Mid 2012 models...but still I can't update it anymore...

The supplied information in Original Posting " I have Mac from mid 2010, High Sierra "

Suggest the user Refine the true and accurate Category of the machine In question

If I read between the lines, that is not supported nor is it Technically Legal

How can I update older Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.