You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages on Macbook from phone number

How do I set up where I can receive messages on my MacBook Air from my phone number connected to my IPhone if they are under different iCloud emails?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 2:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 4:55 AM

Different iCloud emails implies you want to use a different Apple ID exclusively for messages from that iPhone. Is that correct? You would need to "Sign Out" of your existing iMessage Account on the Mac, and "Sign In" to the other Apple ID.

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Change iMessage preferences in Messages on Mac - Apple Support

I do not believe it is possible to enable two separate Apple IDs for simultaneous use with the Messages app, but I could be wrong about that. I just don't know of a way to do it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 21, 2022 4:55 AM in response to Kiarita2003

Different iCloud emails implies you want to use a different Apple ID exclusively for messages from that iPhone. Is that correct? You would need to "Sign Out" of your existing iMessage Account on the Mac, and "Sign In" to the other Apple ID.

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Change iMessage preferences in Messages on Mac - Apple Support

I do not believe it is possible to enable two separate Apple IDs for simultaneous use with the Messages app, but I could be wrong about that. I just don't know of a way to do it.

Messages on Macbook from phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.